At DITTO, we love efficient design and believe that design should be both visual and simplifying. In everything we do, we strive to make each detail count, and we collaborate closely with our world-class engineering team to build things that work. Given this mindset, we admire others who create beautiful and efficient products and have monitored the trend in recent years towards the simple integration of physical things with our digital lives. We have watched as the mundane has been transformed into the exciting and products are now given more control and ability to measure and learn from our habits.
We are excited that this new age of the physical/digital product has been closely linked with a heightened design awareness. Design now has a more integral role as brands want you to love everything about them - it is no longer good enough just to have a product that works, the identity, interface, physical shape of the product all play a key role in our understanding and interaction with a brand.
Each of the 5 products profiled here exemplify this physical/digital shift with varying degrees of success. All are expertly and efficiently design and better yet, they all link to your smart phone through simple, intuitive apps.
- The Nike fuel band gives you fuel points for staying active. These arbitrary points are stored and can be synced to your iphone to measure personal and social goals. For added motivation, rewards are given when you surpass your goals.
- Nest thermostats learn from your heating habits, optimizing heating levels based on past performance and saving you money over time. It turns itself down when you're away and can be controlled from anywhere over Wi-Fi.
- Mimo baby monitors your babies temperature, movement and breathing - it even tells you how well they are sleeping.
- Lifx lets you control the lighting in your house - from color to intensity - all from an app on your smartphone.
- Canary’s HD video camera and safety sensors will track everything from motion, temperature and air quality to vibration, sound, and activity to help keep you, your family and your home safe.